Dogs & Bees – No Bueno

At first we thought Squeek had rubbed her muzzle raw on the fence while barking viciously at the dogs the next door. Then it dawned on me that she got stung by a bee while we were in the garden and this must have been where it happened. She had pulled the stinger out before we could check her out so at the time it wasn’t clear where it had occurred. This photo was taken last weekend and it’s still looking pretty bad, though it’s not as swollen now. Next time I’ll need to remember to give her some benedryl. Poor pup.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


  1. Boy, she did get stung.
    Yep, just do Benedryl, I keep children's benedryl for my dog and the cat's as I am starting allergy season here, with all of the grain drying going on. The air is layered in grain dust and dust from the winter.
    Take care and keep doctoring Squeek

  2. Curbstone Valley Farm says:

    Awww, poor Squeek. One of our dogs thought bees were tasty too when she was a pup. She got stung almost where Squeek did. Problem was, she still had the stinger, and turned out to be phobic of tweezers. Took forever to get the stinger out. However, after that she decided that eating bees really wasn't worth it! Hope Squeek now feels the same ;)

Join the Discussion

Comment Policy: We love a lively discussion but we reserve the right to delete comments. In other words, don't be a jerk


− one = 8